Vacancy: Legal Cashier
A SHARP MIND AND BAGS OF CHARACTER? YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN!
At SSH Business Services Limited we have built our reputation on providing a high quality professional service whilst remaining discrete and “under the radar”. Providing impeccable client service is crucial to us and our values will create a significant culture to enable us to maintain our reputation, whilst also creating an environment that is supportive and enjoyable to work in.
We strive to help employees in their personal development. We encourage people to use their own initiative but want everyone to work interdependently, not independently. Client focus has to be the key element in all our thinking and action.
About the opportunity:
We have an opportunity available for an experienced full-time Legal Cashier to provide centralised support to the businesses within the Group structure, specifically Savage Silk. This role sits within the Finance Department of SSH Business Services Limited, which is the company that provides back-office support to all businesses within the Group.
You will be a key member of the team, heavily relied on for your exceptional organisational skills, providing finance administrative support and other assistance to colleagues within Savage Silk. Being a confident communicator will be a necessary skill as you will engage with colleagues and clients on a regular basis.
As employers, we support flexible working which allows our team members to perform their job anywhere, at any time as long as the needs of the business are met.
Key areas of focus:
- The efficient management of electronic and paper records relating to clients, suppliers and the Group;
- Using your own initiative to undertake tasks related to the delivery of financial and back-office support to both the Group and clients;
- Posting financial information to the document management system as part of the transactional processes of some of the businesses to include, but not limited to, receipts, payments, internal transfers and write offs;
- Raising sales invoices to be delivered to clients;
- Recording supplier invoices on purchase ledger and showing payment once made;
- Checking completion statements and apportionment calculations;
- Reviewing reports regularly and dealing with any subsequent actions from these to include, but not limited to, debtors, client balances and WIP;
- Daily bank reconciliation of all bank accounts and assisting with the running of the month end process;
- Dealing with credit control;
- Producing invoices between the companies in the Group and posting these accordingly; and
- Having consideration for and liaising appropriately with all colleagues, remembering at all times that co-operation between everyone is fundamental to a successful and enjoyable working environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Money Laundering Regulations is essential;
- Previous experience operating as a Legal Cashier working in a legal accounts environment; and
- Experience using practice management systems (we use LEAP).
Key skills and behaviours:
- A confident communicator with the ability to engage with varied audiences;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proactive and comfortable taking initiative when faced with new challenges;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- The ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times; and
- Be an effective team player and bring energy and passion to the role!
- Location: Newcastle office
- Salary range (DOE): £20,000 – £24,000
- Job type: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full-time (08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday)
- Holidays: 25 days per annum
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter, to email@example.com.