Permanent based in Newcastle upon Tyne
Savage Silk was created to provide a complete and comprehensive service to entrepreneurs, companies, individuals and families for all of their legal and financial requirements. It had become apparent as the legal market developed that clients wanted one company they could rely on to provide a holistic service. We support a broad range of clients, who are without exception successful and driven. Our multi-disciplinary approach will provide a responsive, seamless, discrete and high quality solution to their legal, financial, insurance and investment requirements.
We are looking for an experienced private client lawyer with at least 3 years’ PQE and preferably STEP qualified with a demonstrable track record, who is dedicated to this area of law, technically sound and has capability to understand and communicate complex matters with a degree of empathy. You must have a real passion to make a difference.
We don’t set any criteria for your professional background or law firm experience. We enjoy and thrive on the diversity of our employee’s background and previous work life. We don’t mind whether you come from a city, regional or local firm, or whether you went to a top university or a community college, or even whether you had a previous career in something else; we just want to know that you achieved high and gained valuable experience.
We are a fast paced company so you should be prepared to tackle whatever comes your way. You should be pleasant and easy to get on with, happy to work cooperatively and take instructions from others in the team.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be smart and well presented
- Be professional and customer focussed
- Be able to work without supervision
- Have excellent oral and written English skills and be proficient in IT
- Be flexible with a “can do” attitude who is able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and who has a strong work ethic
- Be enthusiastic, well organised with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
The role will include:
- Dealing with Wills, probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney, court of protection, estate administration, estate planning, tax planning for lifetime tax issues from income tax to inheritance tax within the UK and internationally and Will disputes.
- Dealing with and taking responsibility for a varied caseload.
- Developing a client base and maintaining relationships whilst always delivering a strong client-focussed service.
- Involvement in networking, both online and in person, marketing and arranging promotional events.
- Any other tasks as and when required.
This role comes with various rewards and benefits, including (but not limited to):
- Company pension;
- Chance of progression within the company; and
- Free parking and nearby access to main bus and metro routes.
If you thrive within a busy and challenging environment and are seeking a hands-on role offering a friendly and supportive work place, please send your CV to Helen Casely at firstname.lastname@example.org.