Making a Will is something that most of us intend to do at some point in our lives.
Why should I make a Will?
We believe in planning for your future and protecting your estate for your loved ones, and at Savage Silk we have specialist Wills and Probate solicitors who can help you with every step of the process. After all, no-one knows what the future holds which is why making a Will means you have the peace of mind of knowing that you have decided how to provide for your loved ones when you’re gone. Making a Will gives you peace of mind and allows you to relax, knowing your wishes have been set out as you would want.
Our advisers will discuss your requirements and listen to any concerns and then prepare a Will which is tailored to the needs of you and your family. It is worth considering the following questions to ensure all of your wishes are catered for in your Will:
- Who will you appoint to be the guardians to look after your children?
- Who will be your executors to administer your estate?
- Who will be the beneficiaries of your estate?
- Do you have any business or farming assets? Who would inherit these?
- Would you like to benefit a charity?
- Do you need to think about a trust in your Will to protect your assets for future generations?
- What are your funeral wishes?
- What happens to your pension and life insurance on your death?
- Will your estate be subject to Inheritance Tax?
If you die without a valid Will then the Rules of Intestacy apply. This set of statutory rules dictate who will inherit your estate. This may include long lost relatives, elderly parents or even the crown. Making a Will, however simple, is essential to ensure the loved one(s) of your choice inherit your estate.
For more information, our Wills FAQs may be helpful for you.