Vacancy: Legal Assistant
A SHARP MIND AND BAGS OF CHARACTER? YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN!
At Savage Silk we have built our reputation on providing clients with a high quality professional service whilst remaining discrete and “under the radar”. Providing impeccable client service is crucial to us and our values will create a significant culture to enable us to maintain our reputation, whilst also creating an environment that is supportive and enjoyable to work in.
We strive to help employees in their personal development. We encourage people to use their own initiative but want everyone to work interdependently, not independently. Client focus has to be the key element in all our thinking and action.
About the opportunity:
We have an opportunity available for an experienced full-time Legal Assistant.
You will be a key member of the team, heavily relied on for your exceptional organisational skills, providing support and other assistance to fee earners within the firm. Being a confident communicator will be a necessary skill as you will engage with clients on a regular basis.
As employers, we support flexible working which allows our team members to perform their job anywhere, at any time as long as the needs of the business are met. This opportunity provides flexible working from the office or home and is based in Newcastle upon Tyne or Teesside.
Key areas of focus:
- Support a team of lawyers with their day-to-day tasks by proactively monitoring emails, phone calls and voicemails, managing diaries, booking travel, processing expenses, and troubleshooting any issues that arise;
- Drafting and preparing correspondence and other materials, and general document production including housestyling, copying and printing;
- Matter administration management ensuring all emails and hard copy correspondence are accurately filed in a timely manner including file closure;
- Supporting the client and matter engagement process by setting up new matters, ensuring compliance through conflict searches and anti-money laundering checks, and preparing engagement letters;
- Deliver excellent service to the firm’s clients by building and maintaining effective relationships, developing knowledge of team clients and their business, and organising/co-ordinating meetings;
- Assist with client billing through the firm’s practice management database, completion of accounts requisitions, processing third party invoices and BACS authorisations; and
- Acting as a point of contact for internal and external clients as well as liaising with other legal professionals and witnesses;
- Collating bundles with the required correspondence, statements/ exhibits and other documentation.
Key skills and behaviours:
- A confident communicator with the ability to engage with varied client audiences;
- Good written communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Proactive and comfortable taking initiative when faced with new challenges;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times; and
- Be an effective team player and bring energy and passion to the role!
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne and Teesside. Flexible working also available
- Salary range (DOE): Competitive plus benefits
- Job type: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full-time (08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday)
- Holidays: 25 days per annum
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org